This week we’re continuing our series on successful interviews with essential advice for asking questions. It is important for you to leave the interview with a good understanding of the position and company. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. Make sure you can make a good career decision on whether you want to work for the company after you leave.
To do this, make a list of general questions to ask during the interview, such as:
- What are the responsibilities of this position, and which ones are most important?
- What results are expected of this position?
- What problems and opportunities are associated with this position?
- What are the goals of this company and the department?
- What support is available for me to meet these goals?
- Are there any projects currently in motion? What is their
history and status?
- Why is this position open? Replacement or expansion?
- What criteria are used for performance reviews?