From Minneapolis to Philly and most recently Austin, KellyMitchell has been travelling to a new city for WBENC conference for 11 years and each year we have really enjoyed the experience. The business fair connects WBEs (women business enterprises) and Fortune 500 and 100 corporations so they can build relationships and learn together and from each other. This year, the WBENC National Conference & Business Fair is in Orlando, Florida June 21st-23rd and co-chaired by The Walt Disney Company among other top corporations. We’re always excited to see what the WBENC National Conference and Business fair has in store for us and this year is no exception. In order to contain our excitement, we have done a little research to find ten fun facts about WBENC 2016!
- The theme this year is Join Forces, Succeed Together. According to the WBENC Conference website, “Join Forces, Succeed Together underscores the need to strengthen our partnerships not only with our valued Corporate and Government members but also between our certified WBEs. This joining of forces across all constituents is critical to our collective success, which will result in fueling economic growth by opening up new channels of revenue and creating jobs across both the public and private sector.”
- KellyMitchell is booth #225 – come see us!
- There’s a step challenge! WBENC is a huge conference and that means plenty of walking around. So much so that our giveaway two years ago was flip flops and they were a big hit! This year, you can join the WBENC step challenge and by wearing your favorite step tracking device. Click here for all the information and to register for the challenge!
- Some exhibitors this year include Target Corporation, Coca-Cola, Ericsson, CVS Health, AT&T, and KellyMitchell! Booth #225!
- Feeling bleh? Stop by the Wellness Lounge! On Tuesday, the Wellness Lounge will be set up in the Hyatt lobby, offering nutrition and fitness activities. Wednesday, inside the convention, visit the Wellness Lounge for a free health screening. Thursday the lounge heads back to the Hyatt lobby for some stress relief activities. The Wellness Lounge is sponsored by Aetna, CVS Health and Target Corporation and sure you make you feel better throughout the conference.
- Show your badge and save! Looking for some dining or entertainment outside of the general conference area? Check out this list of places you can get a discount at for showing your conference badge!
- If you like wildflowers, you are sure to like our giveaway, so stop by our booth! Did we mention it is #225?
- This year, more than 3,500 attendees and 300 exhibitors are expected to be there, so pack lots of business cards!
- Looking for a specific booth? Check out this interactive booth map! We don’t need to tell you our booth number is 225, but we might as well. We’re close to Lowes, they never disappoint! There’s also a great mobile app that contains all the schedules, maps, and information you need!
- Stay in the know by following the conference via social media! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WBENC Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBENCLive and don’t forget to use the official hashtag #WBENCconf when posting pics!
So there are some great facts about #WBENCconf 2016. We hope we told you something you didn’t already know, and we hope to see you there! Follow us on Twitter for updates and pics throughout the show.