Desktop Support Emerging Technologies
Rolling Meadows , IL | IT
Job ID: 63290
Listed on 6/29/2016
Fortune 500 Telecom Company
Great potential for long term assignment and potential to convert to a perm position. This position does involve all LOT of driving, please make that clear. Contractor must be equipped with van/suv capable of transporting IT equipment to/from supported retail sites. Company will reimburse for rental vehicle or personal vehicle mileage can be reimbursed. Will require insurance coverage per eCAM Supplier Agreement for driving position on personal vehicle or rental. Remote Field Technician/Helpdesk Support for Mobility retail stores in the target service area as defined. May require extensive driving. Customer facing and well groomed appearance with business casual attire required. Overall Purpose: Provide installation, configuration and Tier 2/3 retail technical support for desktop, wireless and infrastructure components for connections with Windows laptops, Apple iPhones & iPads, and peripherals including printers and docking stations. Support for desktop, printer, telephony and network.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Remote support of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, iOS.
2) Support for PC hardware, Apple iPads and iPhones and other emerging technologies as identified.
3) Resolution of blue screen errors and security issues.
4) Support for/with MobileIron or comparable Enterprise Mobile Device Management tools.
5) Support of wireless connectivity including dropped calls, modems and VPN.
6) Support for Exchange Active Sync (EAS).
7) Printer support.
8) RSA token support. Essential Functions/Requirements: Loads, moves, carries and/or transports material such as cartons, equipment and other supplies weighing up to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds.
Must be able to lift, bend, crawl, climb, etc. as needed to pull and punch down cable.