Geotechnical Engineer 3
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Geotechnical Engineer 3
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
- May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Masters/ PhD degree. Software proficient lPile, MFAD, GeoStudio Suite, Plaxis. Substation and Transmission Line design properties and foundation experience.
- Embankment and dam slope stability design properties and analysis experience.
- Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Intellectual Horsepower, Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.