Web Developer - OpenStack
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: OpenStack Consultant
- Lead efforts to develop an auditing system for Open Stack environment. Assist in identifying opportunities with current systems and developing connections into various tools. Participate in design discussions with various groups within the company to develop synergies between our teams.
- Responsibilities include analyzing the current auditing system and enhancing its abilities to audit Neutron projects. Augment the current GUI with user friendly features and develop a more robust central jumping point to other connections.
Managing the database and developing backend connections to external systems.
- Responsible for analyzing change requests and integrating changes into audit tool while maintaining security standards.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, application design, project estimation, technical
documentation, development, and testing for assigned projects
- Provide higher tier technical support to the VCP teams and DSE teams on all auditing security related issues specifically in a virtual cloud environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent programming experience required specifically in an Open Stack environment.
- Must possess the experience and ability to lead and participate in technical sessions, to lead projects that span multiple organizations, and to coordinate technical, implementation and/or troubleshooting discussions.
- A strong understanding of Open stack projects and the virtual cloud, especially how it relates to SDN and NTVS designs.
- Strong project management skills, strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral), and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also required.
- Python with Open Stack client
- Open Stack environment
- Cloud technology
- Java Script / Java
- Batch HTML
- Red Hat Linux
- 2-3 year experience with developing a system
- General networking knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with packet capture tools (TCPdump/Wireshark)
- 1-2 year experience programming in OpenStack environment