Senior Sourcing Consultant
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Senior Sourcing Consultant is responsible for strategic sourcing and procurement of indirect vendor technology products and/or services supporting business units and brands within the company. Specific focus and experience sourcing software, SaaS, and related products is required. Works directly with internal business stakeholders to manage activities that facilitate effective vendor selection processes, effective negotiations of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement to the business.
• Act as consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
• Partner with internal organizations to: define moderate to complex product / service requirements; assist with identifying vendors; manage RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
• Conduct analysis, coordinate key stakeholder participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
• Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
• Create, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline. Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
• Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements.
• Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and stakeholders.
• Support clients in management of vendors as it relates to communicating contract terms and expectations internally and to the vendor; provide support for contract changes, escalations, remediation and termination planning.
• Perform category management and identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates.
• Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
• Support other business related activities as directed by management.
- 5+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus in technology, including software and SaaS; or similar industry experience with vendor, product or fulfillment management experience.
- Contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or relevant field
- High level technical competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.