Business Analyst II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Business Analyst II
- Works with end users to determine business needs/requirements for new/enhanced systems or applications.
- Analyzes information needs and functional requirements. Evaluates information gathered, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, separates user requests from underlying true needs.
- Work closely with IT and business leaders across the enterprise to communicate the pre-requisites, develop the approach, execute the plan, and achieve sustained results of implementation.
- Conduct business impact analysis, identify as-is and to-be change impacts, including pretesting of site, and impact on human side of change;
- Agile proficient
- Create specific communication d training materials and methods for pre and post implementations.
- Responsible for collecting issues and documenting requirements from implementation that should be fed and prioritized into the solution backlog.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of GIT’s SDLC. Experience with different forms of SDLC documentations
- Analyses and guides solution options against complex processes with multiple technology options.
- Identifies interconnectivity and integration needs from a data as well as technology transfer.
- Works with the development staff in a matrix assignment environment.
- Analyzes and assigns Change and Help Tickets related to new development requests and implementations.
- Participates in the development of long range plans and goals.
- Stays current with evolving technologies.
- Coordinates and provides impact analysis on new projects.
- Becomes a functional subject matter expert for IT supporting business SMEs in key domains
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve the project objectives using manual processes or software tools.
- Participates and occasionally facilitates cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations, conducts impact analysis of new products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes for feasibility.
- Reviews and approves requirements developed by staff and outside team members.
- Develops use cases based on best practices for a particular business community. This may involve using interviews, document analysis, focus groups, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, and workflow analysis.
- Skilled in the use of the requirements management tools and techniques
- Creates test plans and scripts, participates in testing of software applications.
- Coordinates and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Skilled in the use of the quality testing tool (Quality Director) to facilitate the storage and implementation of standard test scenarios based on defined use cases.
- Liaises with other project areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues
- Prepares user train the trainer for rollout of new projects or systems.
- Assists others in facilitating end user training and system documentation for new implementations. Prepares appropriate procedures and documentation to hand-off support to system administrators or help desk groups.
- Drafts communication plans for projects and operational needs and maintains list of individuals and groups who are recipients of communications
- Reports, tracks and communicates status and issues, based on departmental defined reporting templates.
- Must have worked in IT department as Business Analyst
- Complex programs or applications
- Salesforce and Marketing technologies
- Global / enterprise tool implementation, design, deployment
- Business processes, workflow management and approval scenarios
- Portfolio and project management capture & monitor tools (e.g. Clarity, Planview, Sopheon)
- Collaboration, idea capture technologies
- Knowledge sharing technologies
- Business Intelligence technologies
- Stays current with evolving technologies.
- Knowledge of other technologies and integration options
- Mobile and desktop implementations
- Experience working outside US and across multiple time zones