IP Technician II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: IP Technician II
- Coordinates and performs maintenance and migration activities.
- Demonstrates professional customer-facing communication skills.
- Drives resolution of faults through vendors and internal groups.
- RFO creation and customer follow up.
- Performs all levels of IP troubleshooting.
- Proactively finds opportunities to decrease MTTR and MTTI.
- Multi-tasks and interfaces between many systems and databases.
- 2-4 years experience
- Field of Study: IT / Telecom / Networking / Engineering
- CCNA / CCNP preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of IP
- Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
- Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
- Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.