Native Android Engineer lll
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
What we need:
- Passionate Android engineer who is comfortable designing, building, testing, releasing and maintaining Android applications
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the way that Best Buy interacts and services its customer base
- An eye for amazing design and user experience
- Someone that values ownership and stepping outside a job description
- Must have ability to contribute to both design and development on Best Buy's flagship Android development pipeline for new and existing products
- Prototype and develop new v1 products that leverage Best Buy's consumer and enterprise business
What would a normal day for this position look like??
We operate on two week sprints, and in an agile fashion. You will participate in daily standup, and be assigned stories from the sprint to work on with other developers, and in consultation and collaboration with designers and product managers.
We are solely developing native apps and developers are expected to understand mobile interaction patterns, standards and capabilities.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10years of development experience, 5 of which must be mobile
- Deep understanding of mobile, client-server development
- Knowledge of Material Design
- Experience with Android test automation & CI frameworks;
- Experience developing consumer apps
- Released apps into the Play store (or open source)
- Design and architecture knowledge
- Experience with Agile software development
- Great understanding/knowledge of Java and object oriented design