Data Scientist -
• M.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field with 3+ years of experience in modeling and data science.
• Training in statistics with ability to perform fundamental statistical analyses and data QC.
• Strong object oriented and or functional programming experience with at least 2+ years of experience using R. Knowledge in Python programming desirable.
• Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as Amazon Web Services, or Google Compute Engineer
• Understanding of developing systems and software around API’s
• Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, concise, and precise manner.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
• Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
• Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions
• Experience with Big data ecosystem including Hbase, MongoDB, MapReduce, and Spark and experience with relational databases and SQL