Tech Prof-Software Develop Prin
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Tech Prof-Software Develop Prin
- Under broad direction, applies skills to implementing leading edge technologies and enhancing the Technical Software Development process.
- Mentors less senior developers and provides Technical Excellence Leadership.
- May direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews.
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product.
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major products.
- Works on designs that span several groups or affect hardware decisions.
- Job role contributes to value creation.
- Follow a zero-defect mindset in developing, maintaining, testing and checking-in/checking-out source code. Do development testing on code that you write.
- Do first level system documentation on completed tasks.
- Write specifications for development tasks.
- Stay current on tools, methodologies, technologies, and language features and provide technology leadership moving the product forward.
- Maintain communication conduit to other developers, documentation, and testing.
- Write quality software, adhering to documentation and coding standards.
- Learn the product sufficiently to perform integration testing.
- Actively focus on Health, Safety, and Environmental issues.
- Incorporates Reliability and project management techniques in all job processes.
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed.
- Incumbent is able to operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex d Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience.
- Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
- esign projects.