Information Security Analyst
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Information Security Analyst
- Work with key IT offices, data custodians and governance groups in the development of such policies. Ensure that company policies support compliance with external requirements. Oversee the dissemination of policies, standards and procedures to the user community
- Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training program on information security and privacy matters for employees, other authorized users, and vendors
- Serve as the company compliance officer with respect to state and federal information security policies and regulations. Prepare and submit and submit required reports to external agencies.
- Serve as the official company contact point for information security, privacy and copyright infringement incidents, including relationships with law enforcement entities.
- Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Conduct third-party cybersecurity risk assessments, applying established criteria
- Support assessment team with quality assurance reviews over work product and reporting
- Collaborate with internal partners and third parties to mitigate and otherwise resolve third-party cyber risks
- Consistently deliver on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards
- Demonstrate consistent credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, identifying gaps, and potential issues
- Continuously demonstrate the ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately influence business decisions, and the professional judgment for selecting the appropriate methods and techniques to do so
- Solid background both educationally and via professional experience. No less than 3 years’ professional experience in business operations, project/program management, finance, risk management, information security, business analytics or similar.
- Experience in large companies and/or complex environments, or providing professional consulting services for them.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses. Proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports.
- Demonstrated strong business writing and professional oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment—with only periodic supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage and initiate effective cross-functional relationships.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; employs intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve success; Sets and achieves goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
- Reacts well under pressure; Keeps commitments; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Focus on cyber security auditing with potential advancement goals in engineering or threat analysis roles
- Self-directed team player with Agile environment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Equivalent experience is acceptable.
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials Certification)
- CompTIA – Security+
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- Six Sigma, PMP or Agile certificates