KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Data Modeler
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proactively engage with the project stake-holders and understand requirements
- Good communication skills and ability to lead JAD sessions and discussions with business and actively participate in data mapping exercise
- String modeling experience – particular focus will be on physical modeling Capabilities
- Good exposure and/or past experience in ETL and/or massively parallel database.
- data solutions attach and provide design solutions that will perform with Datastage ETL and Oracle databases.
- Hands on data analysis skills to understand the data
- Five or more years of experience in data modeling and design, coupled with strong knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Five or more years of enterprise level data design and development involving dimensional modeling.
- Hands on experience with modeling tool such as (but not limited to) ERWIN, Power designer
- Past experience with ETL technology