Application Architect II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Application Architect II
- Ensure system availability and performance.
- Resolve incidents, events, problems and issues.
- Implement changes to applications and infrastructure.
- Configure and update appropriate monitors and alerts.
- Ensure systems meet standards for security and resiliency.
- Script Chef recipes/cookbooks for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Automate the known issue resolutions
- Deliver AWS based infrastructure solutions using AWS Cloud Formation (JSON) and Chef (Ruby) for configuration management
- Migrate on premise applications to AWS Code automation of various system builds and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments)
- Troubleshoot a variety of issues for hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (java, .net, kafka, cassandra, SQL server, node.js, ruby, php, python)
- At least 3 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration At least 2 years of experience working with ITIL foundations for Incident, Change and Problem management
- At least 2 years of experience configuring system and application monitoring
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS cloud automation
- At least 2 years of experience with Chef or Puppet At least 1 year of experience with GIT or Jenkins, Hudson or code repository tools
- At least 2 years of experience with Shell or at least 1 year of experience with Ruby or Python
- Support role- will need to know to about on call response (rotating schedule for on-call, once in 6 weeks)
- Specialific knowledge of Angular, Java,Cassandra and streaming Kafka
- 1+ year of experience in an enterprise cloud environment
- 1+ year of experience working with Incident Management
- 1+ year of experience working with Release Management
- 2+ years of experience working with Unix shell scripting