KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Data Scientist
- This candidate will do predictive modeling for new high-visibility projects, as a member of a collaborative and open team that prides themselves on innovation in a high performing, solution-oriented culture.
- The data scientist will explore information from multiple sources in order to gain maximum insight that can give the company a competitive advantage.
- Performs data studies of new and diverse data sources.
- Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design.
- Discovers “stories” told by the data and presents them to other scientists, software developers, business analysts and business managers.
- Creates and validates predictive models and advanced algorithms.
- Designs, modifies and builds new data processes.
- Strong knowledge of programming and pattern recognition.
- Possesses a mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms, predictive modeling, and advanced mathematics.
- Use SQL (Structured Query Language) and other programming languages (R, C++, Perl) for statistical computing, graphics, and data mining.
- Experience with RDBMS, columnar and NoSQL database technologies, Hadoop
- Possesses strong exploratory analysis skills and ability to think and research creatively.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Data Analytics: Collaborate with business unit, IT, and data scientists across the enterprise to support descriptive and predictive analytics process.
- Master's Degree in either/or Science (physics), Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (statistics) plus 7 years analytics and data science or Ph.D. in either/or Science (physics), Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (statistics) plus 3 years of analytics and data science.
- Note that the term “data science” above includes both data mining and predictive modeling.
- Applicants must have experience with Big Data and related tools such as Hadoop or Spark and statistics packages like “R”.