Software Systems Engineer - IV
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Systems Engineer - IV
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of information systems experience.
- Strong Technical (e.g., programming) and/or analytical skills.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.)
- Strong business knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts.
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Four or more years of experience with Java/J2EE including hands on experience with jsp's, business objects, servlets, controllers, beans, forms and DAO's.
- A strong hands-on experience with SPRING framework is a must.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies will be a plus.
- Experience with Flash/Flex technologies will be a plus.
- Complete understanding of software development life cycle and quality control methodologies.
- Play Framework with Java Package + Akka skills
- Play Framework with Java Package + React js experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline with experience in software design and development
- Experience in developing and designing high performance, scalable, cloud native, headless, web applications with web frameworks such as Play/w Java and Angular and concurrency frameworks such as Akka, JAVA Concurrency package
- Experience with one or more of Play, Java, React JS is a must
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git and related practices
- Familiarity with Agile methods and Continuous Integration including but not limited to Program and Release Backlog Management (Jira), Defect Tracking (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence, Jive, others) Test Automation (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG), Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Hudson), Code Review (Sonar, Findbugs)
- Experience in cloud computing and cloud hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2 and S3
- Experience in clustered cache is a plus such as Redis, Memcache, Coherence
- Experience in Endeca is a plus or any other search systems is a plus
- Experience in No SQL databases is a plus (e.g. Casandra, Mongo)
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently