Information Security Analyst II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Information Security Analyst II
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system breaches.
- Respond to alerts from information security tools.
- Report, investigate and resolve security incidents.
- Educate and communicate security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access.
- Research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- May oversee internal or external systems security (i.e. cloud services).
- Assist in the development and management of an enterprise security risk program, including defining foundational processes, managing data repositories, identifying reporting solutions, and other supporting activities.
- Perform gap analysis and security risk assessments to determine if business systems are aligned with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and internal information security policy, procedures, and standards
- Review Policy exception requests to evaluate risk exposure, assign appropriate remediation activities, and track remediation progress to closure
- Conduct assessments to meet compliance mandates, and collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to remedy gaps
- Assist in daily governance, risk, and compliance activities as needed to support the overall IT Security mission
- Requires moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
- Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Typically requires four to five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.