Sr Assoc Software Engineering-Application Development
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Description: Sr Assoc Software Engineering-Application Development
- Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Leads effort to develop strategic architecture for functional domain.
- Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous systems software engineering issues.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities.
- Makes complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations.
- Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Acts as 3rd level support.
- Gathers information, consults those who need to be involved, and puts decisions into action.
- Considers the implications of options when making a difficult decision.
- Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both management and technical staff.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and little need for direction.
- Typically requires six to ten years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Systems Installer and application administrator experience to include; LINUX OS, application installation, application administration and some SQL experience
- Ability to use vi and/or emacs editors.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of fsck
- Understand RAID configuration and how it is implemented.
- Ability to be able to perform diagnostics on LINUX and UNIX boxes.
- Know how to trace a process and be able to quickly parse the output.
- Know enough about networking to be able to accurately tell which machine is causing the problem in a multi-machine cluster.
- Know enough networking to be able to create firewall change requests.
- Ability to properly and accurately document system configuration, architecture diagrams and other related information.
- Be competent in the Microsoft Office collaborative suite.
- Able to identify whether a system is I/O bound, memory bound, or CPU bound.
- Knowledge to identify and implement performance enhancements.
- Network Administration Knowledge to include; firewall rules, switches, routers and TCP/IP
- Some knowledge of QA (Quality Assurance Testing) and Software Configuration Management is required.
- Enough programming knowledge is expected, so that you can identify whether someone else’s code is causing system impact.
- Some knowledge of Database connectivity, and the ability to use ODBC, JDBC, JSON, etc.
- Have decent knowledge of universal *nix commands