Software Engineer in Test II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test II
- You’re passionate about quality and continuous integration.
- You’re in your element when diving into a test case or hunting down the cause of broken code since getting to the root of the problem is what you’re all about.
- Beyond testing, you’re always looking to automate and find ways to test more efficiently.
- Being motivated and self-directed, you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and representing your role as a strong voice of quality within your team.
- You excel at working in a fast-paced environment with like-minded software professionals in an agile product organization.
- You’re comfortable being part of highly visible, tight-knit team and can collaborate closely with product managers, architects, designers and analysts to accomplish your goals.
- Maintain high quality standards by thoroughly testing and automating business critical features using Selenium/Java/Cucumber and or integration level (white-box) tests
- Maintain an efficient and scalable catalogue of automated tests, in a continuous integration environment, based on fact finding conversations with your team.
- Help set and enforce sound, forward-looking automated test design standards and best practices, implementing any new needed technology that helps this goal
- Track and communicate testing status and any challenges/solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Execute releases for your team, build and maintain monitoring dashboards.
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with Java, Selenium, SQL
- 5+ years of overall quality assurance testing experience
- Prior experience working in a fast paced Agile Scrum environment with two week iterations.
- Experience delivering automation for complicated and intertwined web systems using Selenium, Cucumber and other test automation tools.
- Experience working with devops tools like Chef, Ansible, Jenkins and practices like continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Experience with container based applications using docker
- Experience with micro-services frameworks like dropwizard/ Spring boot, containerization platforms like docker, NoSQL solutions like Mongo/ Cassandra - as well as traditional RDBMS.
- Strong understanding of QA fundamentals and best practices
- Results-oriented and creative with proven leadership skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or comparable degree
- Travel and/or other Internet e-commerce experience is a plus