Software Systems Engineer - III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Software Systems Engineer
- Provides systems engineering and design support for Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and network transformation, integrating network and software virtualization and orchestration to deliver new services faster and more reliably.
- Engineer networked data systems based on requirements gathered from a variety of sources, such as high-level design documents, systems and network standards, marketing requirements, and meetings with technical project personnel.
- Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent.
- Experience designing or architecting complex networked data systems for high availability.
- Experience with multi-tiered applications (i.e., front-end, middleware, back-end or database).
- Experience incorporating virtualization technologies and techniques in such applications or architectures, preferably OpenStack Liberty and later, KVM hypervisor, and SR-IOV or Open vSwitch+DPDK.
- Systems admin experience with one or more enterprise Linux releases (preferably Red Hat Enterprise 7 or later). OpenStack administration certification preferred.
- Linux scripting or programming, preferably Python or Perl.
- Relational or NoSQL Database administration or integration, such as Oracle RDBMS, MongoDB, or Hadoop/HBASE. LDAP experience also good.
- SAN and NAS Storage, experience with ceph or OpenStack Cinder volume management preferred.
- IPv6 experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking from both the host and network perspective is required.
- Experience configuring multi-homed server systems with redundancy and failover.
- IP filtering and firewalls.
- Knowledge of load balancers a plus.
- Knowledge of BGP routing a plus.
- Knowledge of SDN technologies and products a plus.
- LTE Evolved Packet Core
- IMS or VOIP
- Visio or equivalent for technical diagrams
- GitHub or equivalent