Software Systems Engineer - IV
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Software Systems Engineer
- Support application environments
- Monitoring of critical systems / systems processes and problem resolution and escalations of application
- Data networking and system management issues
- Perform Fault/Trouble management via internal ticketing system and opening IBM PMRs.
- Use tools CA Wily Introscope, Kibana and scripted alerts, to perform problem investigation and resolution in coordination with the application operational and system support teams.
- Perform daily application healthchecks for CPU Utilization, Memory Heap Utilization, Thread usage, response times, and transaction counts.
- Installation, configuration and administration of application servers and Webservers that host intranet / internet facing Java / J2EE applications Server setup and mgmt, Infrastructure and Environment migrations.
- Create and maintain support documentation for shift support personnel to monitor and troubleshoot production issues.
- Middleware Installation Automation
- Ansible and Jenkins automation for installing Java, Docker Engine, Tomcat, HTTPD, NxLog, Wily, Maria DB, AMQ, etc.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- 2+ years of middleware production support experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server and MQ monitoring and administration.
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as CA Wily Introscope, and Kibana
- Experience in scripting Ansible, Cloudformation, WSADMIN, Jython and UNIX shell scripting
- Experience on AWS build automation,Jenkin, Ansible scripting for docker/non-docker microservices
- Dev Ops Tools - Stash, Jenkins, Euerka, Docker/Kubernetes
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.