Scientific Engineer III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Scientific Engineer
- Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project.
- Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor.
- Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC).
- Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses.
- Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes.
- Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products/processes.
- Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
- With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
- Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. "six sigma")
- Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. CAD and its application or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools. )
- Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
- Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual/small projects
- Bachelors in Science Engineering
- 3-5 years related experience
- Statistical background helpful
- ANSYS Software, nice to have
- Knowledge of sterilization processes
- Knowledge of different materials: glass, thermoplastics, ploy, etc.