KellyMitchell is an award-winning, technical staffing firm serving Fortune 500 and high-tech organizations on a global scale. With 16 nationwide offices, two national recruitment centers, one world headquarters, and employees in every state – KellyMitchell connects people with opportunities and clients with success.
We are currently seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst to support one of our clients in the San Francisco area.
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS and ADP Payroll to ensure both systems are in sync on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Audit payrolls bi-weekly and semi monthly cycles before payrolls are released for processing.
- Partner with payroll analysts on the payroll team in processing domestic payrolls
- Partner with Internal and External Business Partners to test new functional system enhancements, system updates and integrations
- Lead year-end to ensure a smooth year-end to provide accurate W2's.
- Collaborate with multiple business teams within the organization like HR, Equity and Business Systems.
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including various implementation and upgrades.
- Monitor email inquiries from the payroll@ inbox and respond to employees as necessary.
- Participate in payroll projects and opportunities as assigned.
- Process garnishments, unemployment wage claims and other tax tracers as needed.
- Work closely with the other Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service and be back up for payroll process as necessary.
- Work closely with internal staff and vendors to ensure HR, Benefit and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing , month-end close and Management Reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Assist Global Payroll Manager with annual audits such as 401k and Worker's Comp.
- Work with the Team to provide guidance in payroll processes and provide feedback to improve payroll processes.
- Complete accounting journal entries for month-end close.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- 6+ years of payroll experience and knowledgeable of wage and hourly laws
- Experience with Accounting processes and month-end close including Journal entries and reconciliations as it relates to payroll
- Working knowledge with ADP Workforce Now, Workday and Oracle R12 Financials
- Experience with federal, state, local statutory and worker's compensation payroll audits
- Knowledge of Sox controls
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality to payroll and other employee personal information
- CPP certification a plus
- Experience in a lead role or supervisory experience