IT Operations Technician III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: IT Operations Technician
- Act as technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on network and customer related issues
- Track major service outages and other service affecting activities.
- Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution.
- Perform case management function on outages as required.
- Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, tickets or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
- Assist with monitoring, overflow phone queue calls, and creating and handling repair tickets or service orders for customers as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and assist with providing initial training for new employees.
- Provide technical information or direction for less experienced employees as assigned.
- Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking and/or Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Network Equipment Maintenance or Support, or the equivalent in training, experience and education.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in specific network equipment maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Willingness to attend training as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking or related field.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with Cisco, ADTRAN, Meraki, or Juniper devices.
- Vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Meraki, Juniper, etc.)
- Experience in Data Troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Advanced knowledge of SolarWinds.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
- ITIL 2011 certification