Systems Engineer III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Systems Engineer III
- Operational support for critical distributed systems in Unix/Linux, Windows, Virtual (VMWare, HyperV) and Middleware environments.
- Monitoring system performance and restoration of services.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within IT Operational Support.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan for shift workload and participate in planned change activities as well as incident follow-ups.
- Creatively managing multiple alerts and incidents to ensure high impacting scenarios are prioritized appropriately and addressed quickly to reduce system impact.
- Understanding of various Microsoft tools is a plus.
- Additional monitoring and support required for critical processes in Application, Middleware, Database, Storage and Backup areas.
- Troubleshooting and familiarity with various Middleware components (Messaging technology, Weblogic, Websphere, TomCat, DataPower) is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as HP Openview, SiteScope, SCOM, AppDynamics and Big Panda is critical.
- Responding to alerts from the enterprise monitoring tools, automation and escalation from IT Service Desk.
- Ensure enterprise standards and security are maintained and enforced on hardware and software.
- Provide knowledge and troubleshooting expertise during incidents and problem management follow-up.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management is required.
- Be able to follow Change, Incident and Problem Management activities.
- Solid verbal and written communication with other technical teams and the business.
- Able to work well with Application support, Network Operations, Middleware, Database and Dev Ops Support teams (on-shore & off-shore) and respond to user reported issues.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Systems Administration experience in Windows server environment required.
- Additionally, 3-5 years of Systems Administration experience in UNIX/Linux server environment is also required.
- 1-2 years of experience in an operational support role is essential.
- Strong knowledge of ITSM Service Management best practices and strong written and communication skills is a must.
- Ability to independently solve system problems and be self-directed, having attention to details and the ability to capture, organize and analyze information.
- Excellent knowledge of distributed computing technologies in the UNIX/Linux and Windows space is must.
- Be able to analyze systems issues and assess impact.