Project Engineer - Telematics and Data Engineering
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: Project Engineer
- People leadership, project planning, risk analysis, technical utilization, project execution, and connected systems development.
- Significant hands-on role in the software and electronics design, development, and documentation.
- Writing software to control pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical and the ability to interpret mechanical and electrical CAD drawings
- Dashboard design and development
- Deploying production products and services
- Setup simulation to test software code in Matlab / Simulink
- Cloud based technologies for data storage and processing.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure product quality & knowledge in Test Driven Development
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Project management including planning, status reports, information / data analysis and presentation of design research results.
- 3+ years experience in development of automation equipment or laboratory instrumentation
- 3+ years of integration work with off the shelf cellular, satellite, and/or other wireless technologies to provide connectivity and telemetry for sensors or other devices.
- 3+ years experience with Embedded C, C++, Python, Bash, Linux, or similar languages/operating systems.
- Experience leveraging cloud-based services such as the AWS suite (or similar).
- The drive & self-motivation to work in the fast-paced and challenging environment of new product development, with a proven track record of delivering results
- Experience in contributing to and leading multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities
- Strong mechanical aptitude, confidence in communicating with all levels of management, a high degree of organization and efficiency, strong drive, excellent team skills, ability to motivate others to achieve results, customer focus, and innovative problem solving skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected