KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: CAD / GIS Engineer
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Working knowledge/proficiency/experience with ArcGIS feature creation/query tools.
- Capable of reading/interpreting fiber construction as-builds and fiber splicing cut sheets or schematics.
- Experience with capturing features and attributes from documentation in GIS application.
- Able to work independently within organizational practices and guidelines.
- Experience with GIS data verification to confirm accuracy and adherence to validation rules.
- Worker will be working with Engineers and records to capture fiber network inventory from paper/electronic records into our ArcGIS based database. Worker will also be performing data integrity analysis on records in GIS database.
- Performs complex drafting duties and assignments of limited scope.
- Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
- Solves problems of somewhat complex nature and assists less-experienced employees with solving problems and resolving issues.
- Prepares custom maps and diagrams from GIS data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
- Provides GIS (Geographic Information Systems) analysis and services to all departments.
- Convert electronic files to PDF and upload to File Management Database.
- Associates degree or Certificate in AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Associates degree or ESRI Technical Certification.
- Experience with GIS based design platforms.
- The ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
- Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
- Research various websites for GIS data applicable to each project.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
Education / Certifications:
- Requires High school degree and 4+years job-related experience or degree in related field. A combination of education and applicable work experience may be acceptable.
- General Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excell, Word, Visio) Google Earth and Adobe Pro.
- Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
- M-F 7 to 4