KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Product Owner
- Seeking a highly motivated candidate, who will be the Product Owner (PO) leading one of our agile team.
- This person will partner closely with technology and strategy teams to deliver a critical initiative in 2018.
- As PO, this person is responsible for writing user stories that align to the prioritized features and ensure the pipeline stays full and is prioritized.
- The PO should be internally focused on the agile team and implementation. The PO has a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done.
- The PO will also work with the Product Manager to prepare for the Program Increment planning meeting and working with Business Initiative owners and SMEs on a daily basis.
- Develops features in collaboration with Product Manager
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready (DoR)
- Updates the user stories in Agile Management Tool
- Manages and prioritizes the program and sprint backlogs continuously (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Protects the team from distractions like non-sprint work and minimizes changes committed user stories.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint
- Provide sign off to “Accept” each user story during sprint
- Responsible for completing the “Requirements – Control gate form” during Release Planning stages and responsible for engaging teams such as Security, ARB, Legal, etc. for review and approval
- Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision
- Participates mandatory forums such as Sprint planning retro, PO/PM Sync, daily stand up etc.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Rich knowledge and experience in Agile and Scrum
- Prioritization skills in Agile environment
- Being able to focus on vision and manage conflict
- Capable to adapt to different personality types and work with both analytical and technical teams. Desired Skills:
- Experience in architect
- Experience in Software development
- Experience in Fraud/Authorization
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical fields
- Bachelor's degree or above