KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Desktop Technician
- Work with the Service Desk, other PC Technicians and Senior Technicians to understand PC support needs.
- Resolve calls that have been escalated in the Call Tracking system; assume primary responsibility for clients PC support; provide hands-on and remote controlled PC support services; provide expertise on support services when requested by peers and clients.
- May be required to reload base images on PCs; Lead/participate in Hardware & Software deployments; Follow Hardware and Software procurement usage guidelines; management of printing problems and network printers.
- Responsible for all work in progress assigned to ensure completion of tasks and proper communications with clients; provide on-call level-2 support; reconcile client demand for services with available resources; record all support activities for proper measurement of work performed.
- Must enjoy solving a wide variety of problems on a continual basis.
- Skills and experiences with the use of technology in a business environment, including exposure to Service Desk Support, data networks, and application environments.
- Experience with customer service functions in PC support; demonstrated exceptional organizational skills; familiarity with Windows operating system; ability to ascertain the criticality of incoming requests; fundamental understanding of Outlook and Office Applications.
- Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language; understanding of computer terms and acronyms; Must be able to follow departmental processes and procedures, ability to follow and document resolutions using Knowledge Management tools.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related discipline: at least two but typically four or more years of experience in computer support.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; ability to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Key Functions: Mobility, knowledge with Windows 7 and 10 and I Devices.