Software Development Engineer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Development Engineer
WHAT WE USE:
The team uses a wide variety of technologies, frameworks, and tools every day, as we are a full stack team. We mainly code in Java, but there are some components written in Node.js, React.js, Scala, and SQL/HQL.
We love people that are familiar with the following technologies: Docker, ECS, AWS Cloudwatch, Amazon SNS, Amazon S3, PMML, Openscoring, TensorFlow, Mongo DB, Splunk, Graphite, Springboot, and Jquery.
HOW WE OPERATE:
The team is based in Bellevue and uses a Kanban-like approach, with devs pulling work off a prioritized backlog on an ongoing basis, with checkpoints and demos every two weeks. We believe strongly in engagement, shared ownership, and empowerment. Team members put out code that they are proud of, identifying and filling any gaps as needed. We empower everyone on the team to make the decisions that they need to in order to get work done efficiently, with minimal management overhead.
Team members have areas of focus, but we stay away from siloing – every team member has the freedom and ability to work on anything the team owns.
- Write scalable, performant, maintainable, resilient micro services in Java or Scala to support our expanding ecosystem of data scientist-facing and supplier-facing services and tools.
- Listening to our partners and customers, gather technical requirements and participate in translating them into documented and reviewed software designs.
- Work collaboratively with our data science teams to build data management tools (with data in Redis, Hive/Hue, Kafka, etc) and pipeline for data processing.
- Improve project quality via good coding/testing practices including writing unit and functional tests in JUnit & JGiven and performance tests using Gatling.
- Contribute to the design process for various features by actively participating in group technology reviews to critique your and other team member's work.
- Support team's services and tools using a DevOps mentality including building monitoring tools and diagnosing issues based on reported bugs.
We are looking for user-focused full-stack developers to assist in building our data scientist-facing and supplier-facing services and tools.
You should have:
- Excellent ability building Java-based micro services using Spring Boot, Tomcat, or Jetty.
- Experience managing data in Redis and other data warehouse tools (Hive, Athena, Hue, etc).
- A basic understanding of data storage in MongoDB or other NoSQL data store.
- Experience with automated testing in Java or Scala, including unit, functional.
- Experience with performance testing using Gatling or JMeter.
- Experience with Agile methodologies