KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Incident Analyst
- The primary purpose of the Incident Analyst role is to ensure all impacting incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to our internal and external customers.
- Analyst must have experience driving technical support teams to recover services and be able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- The position includes extensive interaction with internal customers in senior or executive management positions.
- Incumbents must have broad technology understanding across Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed Systems, and Networks.
- Ready for Business and End of Day reporting processes including awareness of all application and infrastructure changes, producing performance reports for Level 0 and Level 1 BT support groups.
- Initiate and chair technical RRT (Rapid Response Team) bridge conference calls and assign tasks to the relevant attendees; send out the relevant reports after conference bridges and at the end of each incident.
- Send alert communications within CSMP guidelines to BT and Business executive management giving details of the incidents
- Authoritatively and confidently guide high priority incidents to resolution; may be called upon to make decisions on behalf of the management in the heat of the moment that may have production impacting implications·
- Provide updates on management bridges on current infrastructure issues and actions being taken
- Must be able to work unconventional shifts
- Extensive professional experience in incident management in a financial institution· Strong working knowledge of financial institutions in terms of technology/infrastructure and their dependencies and requirements
- Broad technology understanding across Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed Systems, and Networks
- Must possess decisive leadership, and the ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making skills in the heat of the moment
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have in depth knowledge and understanding of Incident Management ITIL best practices
- Statistical evaluation of incidents to include frequency/duration of incidents, incident categorization/prioritization and resolution
- In conjunction with the problem management function, identifies and document any known issues
- Identify service improvement or efficiency initiatives to ensure consistent handling and timely resolution of all incidents.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; utilize ServiceNow to correlate events with disruptions to business services.
- Communication: Must be able to clearly convey pertinent information to executive management.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.·
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with known issues and change management in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.