- Activities include, but are not limited to: Act as consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define moderate to complex product / service requirements; assist with identifying vendors; manage RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate key stakeholder participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Create, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline. Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements.
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and stakeholders.
- Support clients in management of vendors as it relates to communicating basic contract terms and expectations internally and to the vendor; provide support for contract changes, escalations, remediation and termination planning.
- Perform category management and identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates.
- Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
- Support other business related activities as directed by management.
Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 3+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing; or similar industry experience with vendor, product or fulfillment management experience.
- Contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business, finance or relevant category field High level technical competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Core Competencies:
- Strong business acumen, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong process orientation with project management skills and proven program implementation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is able to work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; able to work with high levels of ambiguity.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of stakeholders and businesses
- Ability to manage time to complete work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to collect, manipulate and use data to drive and influence decisions and strategies.