Software Dev Engineer II
Summary of essential job functions:
• Design and implement a Logging as a service platform and API to scale and automate log transformation, aggregation, retention and archiving.
• Design and implement Customer Experience tools to scale and automate customer experience monitoring.
• Develop instrumentation libraries, agents, plugins and automation for application performance monitoring
• Perform high level framework and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations
• Function as technical, engineering and operational guide for complex frameworks and systems
• Identifies potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed.
• Takes the initiative to provide solutions that meet current and future business demands
• Execute proofs of concept using cutting edge technology with the intention of productizing
• Create functional and operational system requirements and specifications
• Mentor junior members of the engineering team
• Leading engineering team to make strategic bets and understand the risk/reward associated
• Take ownership of high stress scenarios by remaining calm, employing critical thinking and data driven decision-making practices in order to lead the team to successful outcomes
• Full stack developer with familiarity with MEAN stack or any other similar tools for full stack development
• 5+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
• 5+ years working in the Cloud computing arena and have professional exposure to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings.
• 5+ years of experience with Chef or Ansible
• Familiarity with any log management tool such as Splunk or ELK
• Familiarity with any Session replay tool such as Glassbox or Fullstory
• Familiarity with any APM tool such as New Relic, DataDog, Dynatrace
• Experience with Nginx, Tomcat or apache web servers
• Knowledge of XML, JSON, REST, SOAP implementation in pertaining to web technologies.
• Experience working independently, as well as in a team environment, proactively driving initiatives and work tasks, working with product to meeting agreed delivery time lines.
• Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
• Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
• Familiarity with CICD tools Jenkins, Github or Stash
• 2+ years in mentoring developers and helping drive engineering maturity
• In depth knowledge of designing and developing software in distributed architectures for multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
• Some experience in Network Design, Load Balancing technologies is desirable
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline - Master's in CS preferred