Contract Coordinator I
Duration - 08/20/2018 to 02/22/2019
Work Location: 1 N Waukegan Road, AP34, North Chicago, Illinois, 60064-1802
- The manager has indicated they must have the following top skills: Internal/External customer focus, experience with contract management systems, Analytical experience, strong interpersonal skills, time management skills. He felt that candidates with the following experience accounts payable, paralegal, accounting finance, research have done well in this role.
- The Contract Coordinator works under the direct supervision of Outsourcing Project Management/Operations team to assist in drafting and negotiating agreements that support R&D Outsourcing activities on time and within required budget parameters. This position also identifies and resolves contract issues under the supervision of the Outsourcing Project Management team.
The Contract Coordinator may be responsible for performing contract support tasks such as SRM and contract execution activities.
- Economically and efficiently purchase services for Abbvie R&D in compliance with Outsourcing and Purchasing Policies.
- Responsible for working under the guidance of Outsourcing Project/Operations Management to draft and negotiate a limited number of agreement types, such as CDAs, Author Agreements, Meeting Planning Agreements, SOWs and IPAs as assigned by the manager.
- May be responsible for performing contract support tasks such as SRM and contract execution and/or tracking activities in support of Outsourcing team members.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of contract issues working closely with therapeutic/functional areas, legal, OEC and suppliers to resolve contract issues under supervision by the manager.
- Develop and maintain necessary contracting documentation according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides contract status updates to therapeutic/functional areas and Outsourcing contract management team, as required.
- Promote Abbvie as the partner of choice in all external communications and dealings to build the Abbvie brand.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. BA/BS: science, business financial degree or paralegal certification is highly preferred.
- With a BA/BS degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience with an emphasis on business (contract outsourcing, finance) and/or technical experience(chemistry, biology, clinical). Candidates without a BA/BS degree require a 3+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience. .
- Must have attention to detail along with an understanding of the quality/compliance environment.
- Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and effective communication skills.
- Customer support focused expertise is highly desirable.
Critical Success Factors: The ability to manage internal and external relationships is a key success factor for this position.