Software Dev Engineer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Dev Engineer II
- Design, develop, debug, and modifies components of software applications and tools.
- Drive technical direction at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Design, spec, schedule and provide quality implementation of a component or feature.
- Provide alternative solutions to a given problem.
- Resolve problems and roadblocks, with management assistance if required.
- Follow through on details and drive issues to closure.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Work collaboratively with all members of technical staff.
- Collaborate with program management and testing peers in the development of assigned components.
- Participates in and provides input to requirements definition.
- Usually provides solid judgment calls and tradeoff analysis.
- Be a part of building scaled high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed software systems
- Write well-reasoned, well-tested code to solve complex problems
- Work across various teams to share technical direction and innovations
- Conduct design and code reviews
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of professional development experience
- Exposure to web infrastructure, architectural patterns, and scalable production quality systems
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated commitment to technical excellence
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (testing, performance analysis, Continuous Delivery)
- Experience with functional programming such as Scala