KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: CAD Designer
- Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards.
- This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects.
- Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
- Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel.
- Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
- Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
- Support Project Engineering to execute the Mechanical creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP’s to contractors.
- At least 8 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in facility Electrical / Controls design.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office. Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements. Facility electrical discipline experience in the following areas.
- Ability to Create, revise, and complete the as-built process for electrical /facility controls drawings for facilities including: facility HVAC system controls and Building Management System controls substations, lighting, power, fire alarm, and monitoring alarm systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
- Ability to develop the electrical / facility controls scope of work on projects. Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer.
- Ability to design medium voltage power distribution for office & laboratory facilities.
- Circuit, conductor & conduit sizing. Schedules for power distribution panels.
- Design and specification of transformers and power/lighting/receptacle panels.
- Ability to design and specify lighting for Office & laboratory facilities