Associate Project Manager
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Associate Project Manager
The Associate Project Manager will work closely with the Project Manager, Operations, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Innovation, Governance and Security teams, business partners, and vendors to define, develop, and execute deployment of their assigned projects. The Associate Project Manager works closely with the Project Manager to ensure timely construction development and coordinates interactions with vendors, contractors, and the project team.
- Support the Project Manager (PM) to ensure the successful execution and deployment of assigned projects.
- Manage and motivate cross functional and vendor teams to deliver project tasks as assigned by PM within defined scope, scheduled timeline, and approved budget.
- Actively participates in daily, weekly, and monthly meetings, as needed, and documents the results in written meeting minutes.
- Updates PM weekly regarding the progress of the site and facilities.
- Establishes site-visiting procedures with UPR project team for vendor visits. Monitors third-party construction development and report results.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and lead meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Research, analyze, identify, and document the tasks to achieve the project goals including; work statements, work breakdown structures, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving issues and action items, requirements gathering, quality assurance, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders.
- Gather hardware and software requirements and perform quality assurance as needed.
- Analyze, define and map simple to moderately complex business processes. Produce project artifacts and business process models as needed for assigned projects.
- Trace the requirements through life cycle of the project to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Manages overall punch list activities. Assist in the preparation of an overall project post mortem (lessons learned).
- Ability to diagram data flows and business process flows using Visio
- Perform other project related duties and analyst duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in a related field is required. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Minimum 1-2 years of related work experience in project management, business analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with turnkey projects, specifically within the theme park/entertainment industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes, requirements gathering, or business analysis
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with accuracy
- Self-motivated, well organized and strong innovation skills
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters