KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Data Architect
The Data Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of data ecosystems. This role works closely with the Business and the Technology teams, and thinks about problems from our customers’ and business’ perspective; and propose solutions that take their needs into account, feel like a cohesive part of the platform, and give us the flexibility to grow and expand in the future.
We're looking for a talented architect who is passionate about building high performance, scalable, mission critical, and secure systems in the cloud and on prem. You will drive the evolution of major parts of our growing platform, and will be joining our amazing and diverse team, learning and helping others to learn something new every day.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can see things differently, and aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. This is key role in designing and architecting our future data backbone and ecosystem in a widely distributed in cloud/on prem environment.
- Designing and running a data system that scales by monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing performance
- Design and architect our data backbone and ecosystem in the cloud and on prem
- Develop architectural principles, standards and best practices to be used by other development teams and DBAs locally and abroad
- Help design, implement and optimize data warehouse projects
- Design and architect highly scalable distributed systems/applications
- Coach, mentor development teams and DBAs throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Establish and govern application best practices and standards
- Research and evaluate new tools, technologies, platforms and solutions to solve, improve, or enhance our existing/new applications and data ecosystems
- Mentor and work with Engineers to implement best practices and processes
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with application architecture
- Participate in architectural meetings and analyze all technical work with teams to evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies
- Work with teams onsite/offshore to integrate cross functional solutions
- Provide guidance on new initiatives with business goals in mind
- Conduct presentations, trainings or coaching session with other teams to onboard new technologies, platforms, tools, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience in design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong knowledge and experience in large Data Warehouse design, implementation and data flow
- Subject Matter Expert on best practices with data
- Strong opinion and experience about data quality
- Expert in relational and non-relational databases
- Strong knowledge and experience with BI, reporting, data mining, or multi-datacenter applications within PCI-compliant processes
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Hive, Data Lake, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Spark or similar technologies
- Knowledge of industry best practices for PCI and GDPR
- Production experience with any of these technologies is a plus (ElasticSearch, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, RDS, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner)
- Excellent skills in identifying common patterns, trends, and themes in order to navigate to optimal solutions
- Ability to Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, senior management, business, developers, etc.
- Ability to lead a team with experience in project management methodologies and frameworks such as Kanban, Scrum or Agile
- Must be a team player with get it done attitude
- Understanding of eCommerce
- Generally, requires 5+ years of database development/DBA, 5+ years of architecting and building highly available, and scalable distributed systems/data warehouses with very large traffic in the Cloud or on premise
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science and engineering is preferred.