Other - IT
Period: 10/22/2018 to 10/20/2019
Work Location: 20022 N 31st Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona, 85027
candidate should have strong scripting skills and be comfortable with both Java and Python.
- This role is responsible for acting as a member of the Application Security Management program. The Application Security Management team services multiple organizations to scan applications for vulnerabilities and work with application teams to reduce risks within American Express. To support these efforts, the program focuses on developer education, static analysis security testing (SAST), dynamic analysis security testing, (DAST) as well as program governance.
Responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Implement automation efforts to reduce manual workload and deliver results to customers effectively
- Develop and implement continuous service improvements to Application Security Management program
- Delivers next generation application security controls, socializing with application teams to ensure strong
- adoption and solves technical barriers with tools and processes
- Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments
- May participate as subject matter expert or lead multiple moderately complex initiatives
- May be required to provide off hours support
The successful candidate will be a results driven, flexible team member possessing the following
- Typically holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 1-4 years experience in development at scale, including Java, J2EE, GoLang, and Python. Proficiency
- with Python is required.
- Good working knowledge of code versioning tools like Git and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience with Linux system administration and basic management is preferred
- Experience with using Docker is a plus
- Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, and best practices (i.e. OWASP, NIST, PCI, ISO, COBIT, COSO, CMMI) is a plus
- Superior skill in organizing, managing and interpreting data
- Proven communication skills, the ability present information clearly and concisely to all levels of management both formally and informally
- Requires experience in analyzing large amounts of data, interpreting results, and making recommendations
- Strong communication and experience working across teams to achieve goals
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools