KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Scrum Master
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, highly skilled, hands-on individual who will be responsible for optimizing Agile development process/practices, systematically reducing cycle time and introducing built-in-quality.
- The focus is on Infrastructure projects. Database knowledge is required. In this role, the Scrum Master will work directly with database engineers, technical developers, testers, product owners, product managers, and other technology areas to ensure rapid product delivery.
- The Scrum Master (SM) is a servant leader enabling their team to work as effectively as possible. Removes bottlenecks and issues that slow down the team’s progress. Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices. Facilitates meetings and ensures scrum practices are adhered to by the team.
- Drives the team to high performing levels by creating a healthy Agile environment, provides Agile coaching to team (test first, XP, etc.)
- Schedules and facilitates all relevant meetings for the release, including sprint pipeline grooming, release planning, sprint planning and daily stand ups/huddles
- Protects the team, facilitates the removal of issues/blockers/impediments, and helps the team resolve dependencies
- Responsible for facilitating the sprint pipeline grooming that gets the User Story to Ready state
- Manages the release and sprint timelines, follows up on key action items
- Assesses the scrum team’s velocity for the upcoming sprint and tracks the sprint health
- Facilitates the sprint review and demo, sprint retrospective. Captures and distributes feedback
- Provides status updates to Product Owners, business stakeholders and management
- Completes Product Development Process (PDP) documentation
- Plans and coordinates deployments, production releases and assures they are complete
- Maintains release information in Clarity and Jira
- Ensures test environment and data is set up properly, with all necessary dependencies
- Identify dependencies between agile teams and help communicate and resolve dependencies between different teams.
- Participate in Portfolio (Scrum of Scrums) forum within the Agile Release Train to communicate agile teams progress, dependencies and impediments
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Be a thought leader and develop skillsets of agile team in product development
- Break down complex requirements into workable technical stories to solve the product owner’s problems
- Bring your innovation and collaborate with other scrum masters on process improvements
- Actively contribute to instill best practices to build and support a strong product development team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or MIS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3+yrs working in a technology environment
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Highly skilled with extensive proficiency in Agile/Scrum software product development
- Ability to work in a team environment and take ownership of delivery
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with high level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to manage various tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptive to changes.
- Skilled at working independently or in a team setting.
- Understanding of the Data bases.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project and Quality Center.
- Jira and/or Rally.
- Project management/Jira