Title: Postgres Database Administrator
Length: 1 year contract
Location: Seattle, WA
The Postgres DBA will be part of a key team of Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
- Write scripts to fully automate configuration and maintenance of databases including creation of fully configured database environments, data migration, monitoring, and release management.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end to-end
- Tune the performance of Postgres SQL and Amazon Aurora based on our requirements
- Understand how the company's application/product uses the databases and work with the application development team to optimize schema, queries, stored procedures, and functions to achieve optimum application performance with respect to the database.
- Perform peer review of changes to the production databases.
- Implement and maintain a CI/CD process for database updates for software releases.
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting
- Track root causes and present solutions • Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Expert PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect
- 5-7 years of professional experience in practice area
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
- Agile software development experience
- Extensive experience in performance tuning, query optimization, replication techniques, clustering, authentication, partitioning
- Expert SQL writing and query optimization skills
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption
- Development experience in Bash and PL/pgSQL require
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, GCP) is a plus
- Development experience in bash or script is a plus