Title: Data Analyst
Bill Rate: "market", open
Location: Seattle, WA
The Data Analysis is a part of a key team of Technology professionals that helps it's company grow by improving technology and process and ensuring effective use of applications and systems. Through research and interaction, this position assesses priorities of internal and external customers. The Data Analyst will collect relevant information and data about new or existing solutions then analyze, review, document, and communicate business needs and impacts on work processes. The Data Analyst also provides technical consulting and support on complex applications and problems.
- Understands basic fundamental concepts, theories and principles of business/systems analysis
- Completes assigned tasks using business/systems analysis concepts under guidance of a more experienced professional
- Communicates effectively with identified stakeholders
- Applies basic and increasing knowledge in system features and technology standards
- Helps define minimum feature set and user acceptance criteria for simple solutions
- Assists engagement with engineers to design low to medium risk solutions
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting
- Updates requirements/tech specs based on testing, prioritized defects or post release lessons learned
- Supports communication for application/system deployment
- Investigates root cause of production issues
- Documents technical solutions to identified problems
- Assists in ensuring application availability
- Ability to think analytically
- Understands tasks and works to identify how to break down tasks in a systematic way
- Strives to identify root causes
- Clarifies problems by driving to understand the true issue
- Investigates functionality to understand where problems are likely to occur
- Ability to Analyze Data
- Identifies and collects quantitative data from a variety of information systems
- Sorts and assesses relevance of data, statistics and information in a systematic way
- Classifies and arranges data for stakeholder review and data-driven decision making
- Uses tools to manage data and data analysis
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Experience writing scripts, batch files and reports.
- Ability to Plan and Organize
- Ability to function well in a fast-changing work environment and the ability to work on multiple timecritical issues concurrently.
- High motivation and self-direction, sound problem solving skills, technical troubleshooting, negotiating and decision-making skills are crucial.
- Responds to unexpected changes in routine.
- Thinks through activities and meets set deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to understand and analyze functionality for cause and effect consequences.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent or suitable work experience