Senior Full-Stack Developer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Technical Web Application Developer (Full-Stack Developer)
Responsible for architecting, developing, and supporting various new and existing Responsive-Web Applications for internal business users.
Act as a primary developer for custom technical web applications built for delivery of analytics insights, and end-user interaction. Web development skills and experience includes Backend as well as Front-End (Angular / HTML5). Familiarity and experience with modern visualization frameworks (such as D3) is nice to have. The web / vis developer will be working with an agile team of developers, customers, and subject matter experts to deliver analytics applications – leveraging big data located in Hadoop and SQL server. However, the web developer will be responsible for delivery of the web application – and should be a senior developer capable of delivery on his/her own. Data involves a variety of data types including time series, and applications have highly technical content (beyond typical business intelligence dashboards). Use of RESTful APIs will be used to integrate application do Hadoop and SQL data sources.
Projects are run in an Agile manner, so a clear understanding and experience with Agile methodology is important. The candidate is also expected to take initiative and be a technical subject matter expert on efficient ways to accomplish project goals.
About the Project
The owning activity is a project scoped to delivering a modern, scalable platform for data analytics, integration with key engineering tools, and analytics applications for a scoped set of use-cases to deliver value directly to specific business process areas. The web / visualization needs are required for development of the big data analytics applications’ web user front-end UI and visualization components. Involves the use of / visualization of time series and high complexity data, and application of data has highly technical content – beyond typical business intelligence dashboards.
Experience & Job Requirements
- Working as a member of Agile teams to deliver product functionality through a set of Sprints / Program Iterations, as defined by a cross-functional project team
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following required
- Clientside development using Angular 5.x, Angular 6.x and Node JS
- Experience creating responsive UI’s using Bootstrap 3.x, Bootstrap 4.x and CSS
- Web Server Development with ASP.Net Core 2.x
- Web service endpoint development with Web Api 2.0
- Experience with ORM frameworks, preferably Entity Framework Core
- IIS installation and Administration
- Developing Big Data visualizations that are performant
- Using/embedding visualizations built with vendor tools (e.g. Tableau / Seeq/other) within web application context
- Integration with Hadoop and SQL server as a data consumption layer for web applications / vis
- Ability to Profile/Debug applications using software development tool(s)
- An understanding of software engineering principles, development practices and change mgmt
- Familiarity with TFS for work planning, execution, and tracking
- Familiarity with Visual studio Git repositories
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following preferred:
- Integration with and/or use of Libraries/Frameworks: Plotly, Chart.js, SQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Ability to build visualizations in vendor tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus, but not required
- Web Server Development with ASP.Net MVC 5.0
- Experience with Signal R
- Has developed applications which scale to hundreds of concurrent users
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience in Web Design (UCD/UI/UX approaches / mock-ups / wire-framing / development / delivery) for delivery of web applications in an interative and customer-focused manner for multiple personas
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration
- Capable of highlighting risks, dependencies, and issues with project management