POSITION: U.S. Commercial KYC Senior Analyst
LOB: Market Risk
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 6 months
LOCATION: 200 W Adams, Chicago, IL
Dress Code: Business Casual
GROUP/PROJECT INFO: .
- As part of the U.S Commercial Know Your Customer (KYC) team, the U.S. Commercial KYC Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting compliance by U.S. Commercial Bank lines of business under the U.S. Commercial Banking umbrella (including Treasury & Payment Solutions (TPS)) with required BSA/AML/KYC guidelines provided by the U.S. AML Office. This includes onboarding new clients, updating existing clients, and yearly reviews of existing clients. Working directly with U.S. Commercial Banking, TPS Sales, and the U.S. AML Office/ U.S. AML Office High Risk Unit, the Senior Analyst collects all required documents and data, assesses customer AML risk, and generates AML KYC Checklists. The Senior Analyst documents and records AML due diligence information gathered to ensure that mandated procedures have been followed, mitigate risk, and ensure all clients are in compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Monitoring and Reporting (60%):
• Respond to onboarding and/or update requests from Commercial Banking and TPS Sales teams.
• Gather required customer AML data and enter it into the AML book of record system (CMCIF) in order to either create a new or update an existing KYC Checklist.
• Review deal files, third party websites and system information to augment data, scanning and storing screenshots or documents as required.
• Adjudicate hits on any system name searches by consulting with internal OFAC Unit.
• Work with the U.S. AML Office High Risk Unit to assess and update high- risk ratings as needed.
• Work with Commercial Banking and TPS Sales teams to obtain RM and TPS review and approval of all AML data.
• Ensure Livelink folders are accurately maintained, scanning all current information including final KYC checklist, and all associated additional client documentation.
• Complete clients’ AML annual reviews which include review of all current client information on all available systems, drafting a revised KYC Checklist based on that information, and requesting the RM and TPS Sales representative to review and approve each draft. Upon approval of the draft, the Analyst scans the updated KYC Checklist and all associated additional client documentation into the appropriate Livelink folders.
• Respond to and provide day-to-day processing of all requests for an assigned market in order to provide the expected level of customer service and meet target dates.
• Advise lines of business regarding AML information and documentation requirements and ensure that no deals, loans or account openings move forward until required AML risk assessments and KYC Checklist have been completed.
• Serve as the main point of contact for status updates on AML processing from the assigned market.
• Recognize and escalate high-risk triggers to the appropriate area for review and decision.
• Accurately and thoroughly complete final KYC Checklist and electronic storage of all related supporting documentation such as Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) results, third party website information, and client identification documentation.
• Inform lines of business when a customer is prohibited based on information provided or gathered from other sources.
• Manage several requests simultaneously, prioritizing as needed in order to meet promised deadlines and client demand. Review the teams’ work for accuracy and completion and escalate findings to the appropriate Team Leader.
• Conduct peer quality assurance reviews which involve the scrutinizing of completed KYC Checklists and Annual Reviews for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to procedures.
AML Program Issues (20%)
• Interact with staff of all levels in U.S. Commercial Banking as well as the U.S. AML Office High Risk Unit as necessary for issue resolution or escalation, involving management as needed, in order to ensure that the customers’ needs are met or exceeded.
• Ensure delivery of exemplary internal client service by troubleshooting and providing issue resolution in a professional, ethical, and courteous manner.
• Maintain up to date subject matter expertise in the areas of AML and banking regulations by reviewing the appropriate reference material and completing annual compliance training courses, as required, in order to effectively manage risk, operational and compliance requirements.
• Apply subject matter expertise and institutional knowledge of U.S. P&C customers, products and services to adhere to banking regulations and company directives
• Apply subject matter expertise to reply to AML-related questions within the assigned market.
• Assist the Team Leader with training and act as a “go to” person for less experienced Analysts.
Strategy and Change Management (5%)
• Identify any gaps, issues and best practices and raise them to the management team.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 1 to 2+ years of experience as a KYC analyst. The hiring manager would rather not have more then 3+ years of experience as they may be overqualified for this role.
• Ability to multitask
• Strong communication as this group work alongside different areas within the bank
• Problem Solving
• Ability to appropriately identify and escalate issues to reporting manager
• Ability to independently prioritize and to proactively manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with high-level security access in a professional and ethical manner
• Professional and being able to work along type A personalities and tailor your approach
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Any AML investigator experience is a nice to have
• Excel Experience.
• University degree