User Experience (UX) Designer
User Experience (UX) Designer
Period: 01/29/2019 to 12/27/2019
Work Location: World Financial Center - 200 Vesey Street, New York, New York, 10285
Top 3 Skills: - User experience design - Visual/interface design - Information architecture
User Experience & Visual Designer (Contractor), OnBrand In-House Creative Services
Global Advertising & Brand Management
In this hybrid UX and visual design role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing elegant customer experiences across several key American Express digital properties.
As a part of American Express’ internal creative studio and reporting in to the Creative Director, you will act as the design lead within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, collaborating with business, product, research, and engineering counterparts to define business objectives, design and test solutions, and leverage research and insights to inform an iterative design approach.
To be successful in this role, you will be equal parts user experience designer, creative strategist, and visual designer – a big picture thinker who understands that details and design systems matter. You are as comfortable leading a strategic conversation as you are designing an asset. You know that design at its core is a collaborative function and can intuitively translate business goals into world class creative solutions.
• Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect, data-driven designs for sprint cycles that enhance the quality of the products and put the user at the center.
• Collaborate in an agile environment with internal leads to build engaging customer experiences that address unmet needs with empathetic, research-backed, and technically feasible solutions.
• Attend weekly agile meetings and provide updates to Onbrand leadership.
• Effectively act on partner feedback and user testing results.
• Be a passionate advocate for the user and design thinking methodology, providing creative guidance to internal partners and helping to build a strong culture that values creative thought leadership.
• A deep curiosity and passion for great design, current creative and technology trends, and exceptional attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in user experience design, interaction design, human computer interaction, visual communication, or related field.
• 5+ years of professional user experience, interface design, and visual design practice.
• Proven experience with creating and implementing common UX deliverables and processes including design assessments, personas, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, designs, and style guides.
• Strong portfolio highlighting digital experiences and visual design executions, informed by solid design fundamentals and evidence of systemic design thinking.
• Superior knowledge of Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite, and working within a fast-paced, agile environment.
Experience working with React Native frameworks a plus.
• Experience implementing design language systems.
• Fluency in all areas of visual design with exceptional skills in typography and layout
• Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling.
• Ability to manage multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline-driven environment.
• Experience working in a corporate environment a plus.
• With your application, please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered.