Application Technology Engineer
Architects & Designers Unique II (CIII2)
Period: 02/18/2019 to 08/30/2019
Work Location: 1615 Lakeside Drive, J41, North Chicago, Illinois, 60085
Application Technology Engineer
Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines. . Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
• Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
• Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
• Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
• Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
• May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
• Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
• Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization. Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable.
• Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 4 years of experience.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline
• Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.