CAD Designer III
CAD Designer III
Period: 02/11/2019 to 07/07/2019
Work Location: 1401 Sheridan Road, P13/A, North Chicago, Illinois, 60064-4000
Mechanical Facility Designer - HVAC
Possibility of Extension: Very High based on performance.
• Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards. This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects with the main emphasis on the HVAC mechanical discipline.
• Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
• Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
• Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
• Support Project Engineering to execute the Mechanical - HVAC / Plumping & Piping disciplines on small to medium sized office & laboratory facility projects
• Creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP’s to contractors
• High School / GED is required. Technical school completion / certification preferred.
• At least 6 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in Industrial Facility Mechanical – HVAC design design
• Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
• Facility mechanical discipline experience in the following areas:
• Ability to manage a drawing through its lifecycle - Create, updated based on design reviews, and complete the as-built process, for mechanical discipline drawings for facilities including: Facility HVAC and Plumbing & Piping systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
• Mechanical system detailed design based on P&ID flow requirements. (Flow diagram from the discipline engineer to the detailed design by the designer)
• Ductwork & piping routing through existing facilities
• Ability to develop the Mechanical scope of work on projects
• Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer
• Prior Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
• Project Manager / Engineer, Discipline Engineers, & Internal Client Team members