At KellyMitchell, we’re big data people (pun intended), so we thought we would celebrate Thanksgiving the only way we know how! We have gathered some amazing turkey day data that will give you something to talk about at the Thanksgiving table other than politics. You’re welcome!
- 85% of Americans eat Pumpkin, Pecan, or Apple pie on Thanksgiving.
- The first Thanksgiving was in 1621. There were 50 pilgrims and 90 Wampanoag Indians and it lasted three days.
- This year, Macy’s will celebrate its 90th Thanksgiving Day parade with 30 floats and 16 giant balloons.
- 46 million turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving.
- Fairbanks, Alaska is 100% likely to have a white Thanksgiving, like it has for the past 85 years.
- 1 in 8 Americans will go hungry this Thanksgiving. Do your part to reduce waste and contact your local charity of choice for ways to give back.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from your friends at KellyMitchell!