Sr IT Project Manager
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Pharma/Life Sciences/Med Devices in Validated environments a MUST HAVE
Lead network project to build out infrastructure for company cloud migration work. The focus is on the infrastructure build out, not the cloud migration (that’s another team).
- The person hired will be taking over a project that will be very recently approved to start. Most of the start up activities will be already be complete as part of the project approval to start process. So, focus more on execution of existing plan
- Good nuts and bolts project management skills with 3-5 years PM experience with mid-size and larger IT infrastructure projects.
- The subject expertise is network/network equipment – upgrades, implementations, maybe even some new implementations
- Pharma/life sciences (validated systems) experience preferred.
• Under direction from the IT Integration Program Manager and IT PMO leads and manages complex, large global projects. This role coordinates, supports, and facilitates all aspects of large, complex, cross-functional, global projects from planning through the final implementation, ensuring governance process adherence, project continuity, and stakeholder management.
• Monitors project budgets and is responsible for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on projects.
• Drives business value by leveraging business/technology expertise to identify and prioritize solutions, and by collaborating across departments to deliver complex projects with significant business impact.
• Manage all aspects of large, complex, cross-functional, and/or global IT projects including monitoring scope, milestones, dependencies, risks, costs, benefits through lifecycle.
• Monitor project budgets, complete project forecasts and report performance against project financial parameters
• Monitors team performance, stakeholder communications, resource and time management.
• Provides timely, accurate project status reporting that meets program guidelines and schedules.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers, vendors and suppliers. Manage key stakeholder commitment levels and communication.
• Facilitate vendor and supplier evaluations.
• Ensure projects follow all company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
• Identify and highlight risks and issues within the project and escalate appropriately. Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies for projects to address risks and issues.
• Lead governance structures and processes to drive and manage the project. Adhere to project management methodology and governance tools. Drive projects through project governance methodology and ensure compliance to .
• Lead regular project reviews with the program team.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 7 years of IT experience preferably in substantial roles with IT infrastructure and service management
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading mid and large size IT projects.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook).
• Demonstrated ability to lead project teams remotely.
• Demonstrated experience leading external vendor project teams.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional IT teams.
• Experience with planning and managing all phases of system delivery (e.g., requirements gathering, design, configuration, development, COTS selection, testing, conversion and application support).
• Ability to write and speak in the English language
• Certified project management professional (PMP or Prince 2)