QA Analyst III
QA ANALYST III – REQ ID #18097-1
Open to interviewing Non-local candidates
High likelihood for contract extension
|Desired Start Date:||8/17/2020|
Tell us about your department:
The Services, Sales and Membership Experience (SSME) team is focused on solution selling tools that are coupled with the right mobile app placement to increase attach units, attach rate and attach revenue.
Some of the current experiences that the SSME team supports are:
- Product Warranties
- Providing Best Buy Services in the app to include (In-home consultations, Total Tech Support and more)
- Customer product subscriptions and renewals
- Best Buy Membership
This individual will assist the SSME team in implementing a new membership experience and new features to the current Warranty and Essential Add-ons areas in the Best Buy App.
Position Summary/Job Description:
The SSME team at Best Buy - Seattle Technology Development Center (STDC) is seeking a strong QA Analyst with 8+ years’ experience in a QA role. You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on enhancing the performance and quality of various digital applications.
- Ensure the quality of all digital products by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-platform and regression testing
- Work with the Technical Manager, Project Manager and head of QA to verify all customer and business requirements and participate in sprint planning and feedback for all product releases
- Validate and troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate problems and severity to appropriate development personnel
- Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications documentation against the application being tested
- Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate
- Create test plans and manage and process bug reports per project
- Provide estimates for small or large projects including level of testing effort and hours required
- Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and customer service groups into actionable items for the development team
- Attend project stand-ups and QA team check-ins to provide status updates on projects
- Advocate and implement sound beacon and application testing processes and best practices for the team
- Maintain working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas
- Along with the DevOps team, help in the addition and continuation of automated tools into the continuous building process system
- Stay abreast of new browsers and technologies
How much time will the resource spend pair programming?
Pair Programming will done using MS Teams and Slack. This individual would partner with the QA member already on the SSME squad to complete all task and learn responsibilities and duties.
What are the Top skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- 5 years exp in testing mobile apps (Android, iOS)
- 7-10 years exp in integration testing
- Functional knowledge of Charles proxy / Fiddler experience (Need to know how to operate the tool)
- Previous cross platform tool experience (ReactNative, Xamarin, Flutter, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of xCode and Android Studio (Need to know how to operate the tool)
- Prior defect trending and triage experience
- Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- 1+ years of QA automation (Detox, Appium, Selenium)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress and high-productivity environment
- Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about trends for new embedded hardware solutions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial and customer service groups
- Strong interest in Bluetooth and end-user applications, with an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems
- Exposure to database-based applications, including some basic SQL queries, is a plus
- Familiarity with automated QA testing tools is a plus
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least 5 years of experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
- Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Experience testing Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) beacons and location-based technologies (geo-fencing)
- Experience monitoring & manipulating network traffic using development tools
- Exposure to testing Mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Able to estimate, plan and execute testing cycles
- API Validation Testing
Prescreening Questions: Must be submitted on resume, no exceptions!
- How do you triage a bug? What are the factors you consider and why?
- What are the ways QA can determine requirements for a feature with limited info?
- When testing a feature how do you determine its scope?
- How do you communicate testing results to stakeholders?
- What happens if you are blocked by test data?
- How do you define quality?
- What is integration testing and why is it important?
- What if a developer tells you a defect you’ve identified isn’t a bug? What do you do?
- How will QA test product performance and what tools?
- What are your top fav Testing tools and Why? Give examples.
- What makes mobile testing different from web testing?
- What is your opinion about BDD testing tools?
- How does QA advocate for items to be automated?
- What tasks may a QA do outside of testing? How might these help the team?
- How can QA contribute to Continuous Integration and Deployment (DevOps)?
Interview Process Overview:
- Round 1: A 30-minute phone screen
- Round 2 – 3 parts in person interview
- 30 minutes with product manager / design
- 30 minutes with Developer
- 1 hour with QA manager / QA leads